23 August 2013

Un-made

Today was meant to be
An Anniversary.
I took what I wanted
While I walked
In that terrible Valley
Two years ago.
I said, Yes,
In a place
where the only
thing I heard was
No.

But today is not joyful.
There is nothing to celebrate.
Today
Is a day
Of mourning.
A day for grief.

I pierced my skin.
I cut off my hair.
I seek to drown
In smoke and vapor.

Today I allow the part of me that said Yes to die.

I do not walk the same barren path
That lay before me two years syne.
This is a new waste,
Here after climbing
The Mountains of Maybe
And, foolishly,
Keeping my sights
On the summit,
Tumbling headlong into
The Desert of Never.

I want to turn my back on this journey
That has tried me
Judged me,
And found me lacking.

But to leave,
I must bury
The remains of my heart
At the base of the Tree
That marks the entrance
To Beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment