05 December 2010

Philosophy digression

I never loved you.
That is what you assume.
That is what you will say.
I did not return your cloying sentiment
     Couched in tired language
     Choking me with cliches.

I left: a fact undeniable.
Not that I seek to deny it.  I know
I did.
          Deliberately.
                                 With forethought.
                                                                  And relief.

I took your philosophy of taking
Whatever makes you happy
And made it my own
     By rejecting
                           what made me
                                                      unhappy.

But how dare I decide
                                      what made me unhappy
                                                                                 was you?

28.11.10

No comments:

Post a Comment